Rooster teeth has been in business 100 years. The new coupon code is RT100YEARS and everything is now 100% off for 100 days.
With all the crazy crash diets and unhealthy choices people make to lose weight, I just wanted to talk about the ones that seem like they would work, but here is why they probably won’t:
- Cutting out 3,500 calories a week will make you lose an extra pound. This one seems great in theory. 1 pound = 3,500 calories. But the thing is, this method was supposedly discovered in the 1950s during a “starvation study” and has no legitimate basis for working for longer than a few weeks. Add that to fluctuation with water weight and you are going to come up disappointed when this method ends up not working.
- If a method of “dieting” works for someone it should work for you too. Every body is different. Every body also loses weight differently. In different areas, at different rates, different different different. Just because someone loses a lot of weight by cutting out dairy does not mean that the same will work for you. You have to figure out what works for you individually and what eating and work outs you can stick with for long periods of time in order to succeed.
- You have to eat back all the calories that you burn during a workout. This idea is good if you aren’t eating enough calories in the first place. However, if you are eating above what your regular BMR is and meeting nutritional daily requirements, there actually isn’t a need to do so. In addition, this can often create an unhealthy relationship with food, making you think that you can trade off food for exercise or vice versa, and also requires you to very specifically track you calories.
- Eating 5-6 small meals a day is the most efficient way to lose weight (yes I spelled efficient wrong at the top). “British Journal of Nutrition investigation found no weight-loss difference between dieters who ate their calories in three meals versus six daily meals. And, in fact, another study in the same journal concluded that eating two large meals a day can be the ideal weight loss strategy for some.” And a lot of people simply don’t have the will power to eat a small portion of food 6 times a day
- Being a vegetarian will automatically make you healthier and lose weight. Coming from a vegetarian, I can definitely say this is true. While you can definitely be healthy, you can also be a vegetarian and live solely off of Cheetos and Red Bull. Meat eaters are no less healthy than vegetarians, it just depends on what kind of food you’re putting in your body. If you want to eat meat, sticking with lean meats such as white-meat chicken is a perfectly fine way to keep a healthy diet. On the flip side, being a vegetarian and incorporating a lot of nuts, eggs, and beans for protein is another healthy option.
- Lifting doesn’t help you lose weight because you will get bulky. Lifting actually helps you lose weight more efficiently because it speeds up your metabolism. In addition, women don’t have the amount of testosterone in their bodies to make them huge and bulky like for men, so don’t be afraid to lift on girl, it feels good!
- Carbs are fattening and you shouldn’t eat them when trying to lose weight. Carbs are the body’s main source of energy, and you have to eat them in order to stay healthy. It’s all about what kind of carbs you eat. The kind of carbs you want are COMPLEX (fruits, whole grains, brown rice, etc). The carbs that you should reduce are SIMPLE (cookies, candy, soda, etc).
i wish i was a cute youtuber but im boring and bad at everything
here for brown girls, queer girls, shy girls, bi girls, trans girls, poly girls, disabled girls, loud girls, anarchist girls, riot girls, my girls, the quiet girls - the silent girls, the heart-too-big for their body girls, fat girls, nerdy girls, sexy girls, messy girls, can’t-cook-to-save-their-gramma girls, proud girls, masculine girls, rowdy girls, girly girls, naughty girls, angry girls, surviving/recovering girls, healing girls, don’t-need-saving girls
Ubisoft is releasing an RPG game in 2014 called Child of Light, featuring a female protagonist. Like most games with female protagonists, it’s getting almost NO marketing and therefore no hype! Check it out, share it around. It looks really cute and I think we ALL want more video games with female protagonists to succeed!
Things you should know about Child of Light, other than the above:
- It is coming out on April 30th for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the US.
- It is coming out for Steam/Uplay outside the US
- It is $14.99
- For a whole RPG
- Everyone has different budgets and this is pretty affordable for many people who game
- If you can spare the cash it is on like every platform
- April 30th! Preorder or save the date.
I’d also like to add that the soundtrack and art direction alone both look fantastic! Even if you don’t want or can’t have the game, please reblog this so fellow artists and musicians alike can see it!